Tips For Home Buyers
1. Be choosy, but realistic.
- Michael is committed to helping Clients realize their dreams and reach their goals.
2. Do your homework before looking at homes.
- Determine exactly what features you want in a home and which are most important to you.
3. Get your finances in order.
- Examine your credit report and be prepared for down payment or closing cost.
4. Get pre-approved for a mortgage.
- Contact Michael to speak with a lender NOW.
5. Know your move-in date.
- When does your lease end? Are you allowed to sublet? How tight is the rental market in your area?
6. Think long-term.
- Are you looking for a starter home, or something to stay in for a long time?
7. Don't become "house poor".
- Buying the biggest home you can afford may leave no money for maintenance, decor, or renovations.
8. Don't take chances.
- Obtain a professional home inspection and, if possible, a warranty from the seller to cover any
defect within the first year.
The Real Estate Book
Benefits of Home Ownership
Owning a home helps you establish financial credibility.
Owning your own home provides you with independence and more privacy than renting. You are free to paint walls, plant flowers, keep pets and anything else within legal bounds.
As you make more payments and own more of your home, you add to its investment value. Most improvements you make will also add to its value.
A home reflects its owner's values and lifestyle. Owning a home can provide you with a source of pride, enjoyment and satisfaction.
A home can provide security against inflation because the value of your home increases as prices go up.
Being established in a community provides a sense of belonging, stability and security.
Interest on your mortgage loan is deductible on your yearly personal income tax return. Many of the closing costs associated with purchasing your home are deductible, as are your property taxes.